• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no on e showed for hearing before general magistrate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pbosgraaf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I had a hearing today in front of a general magistrate, there has been no cancellation filed or anything like that, but, i also was not on the docket, what does this mean? it was obviously cancelled by the other party's attorney but nothing was ever filed

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It means that someone along the way made a clerical error of some sort.

pbosgraaf

It means that someone along the way made a clerical error of some sort.
then how did the other party know not to show up, i got the notice of hearing in the mail and the other party's lawyer emailed me telling me when the date was, there has been no cancellation filed but they knew they did not have to go, how is that is the question

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
then how did the other party know not to show up, i got the notice of hearing in the mail and the other party's lawyer emailed me telling me when the date was, there has been no cancellation filed but they knew they did not have to go, how is that is the question
How would WE know? :confused:

single317dad

Is all your contact information up to date with the court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">