• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non -biological custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Terrie

My mom raise a child she thought was her biological grandaughter from 3 months to 12 years. When the child was 12 the mother came back and took her. My brother then had a paternity test and found out the child was not his. The mother was not involved with the child at all for the first 5 - 7 years. After that she would call or visit occasionaly. My mom has gone to court twice and been ripped off by both lawyers. The second time she thought she was going to court to try and get custody of the child, the attorney for the mother had the case thrown out because my mom's attorney did not file a petition for custody.
What can she do to find a decent lawyer to represent her and what are her chances of getting the child back. The child is afraid of her mother and her mother knows this and takes great pride in that fact. She also leaves her alone until 2 or 3 in the morning with her 3 year old brother. The child was always a straight a student when she was with my mom and now is barely passing. Please Help. The child and my mom both live in Ohio.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">