• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-custodial parent buys 15yo daughter drugs/alcohol?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you for your response. When I posted the question, I assumed that since most K2/Spice was illegal, we would just go to the authorities and press charges. The detective called back and informed us otherwise, so now we are doing just that. Getting as much info as we can.

Seems like there is really nothing we can do about her allowing our daughter to use drugs/alcohol. BUT, we might be able to get the parents of the other children involved to go to the authorities and then take it from there. This is familiar territory to us since she has been arrested once and ticketed once for the exact same situation but involving alcohol and minors. The other children's parents had to get the ball rolling. Which they were more than willing to do.

Thanks again!
Who is "we" referring to "our" daughter? If it is a stepparent they need to STEP OFF. The child has two parents -- the stepparent or dad's current bed buddy is NOT one of them.

Mvalencia1975

Who is "we" referring to "our" daughter? If it is a stepparent they need to STEP OFF. The child has two parents -- the stepparent or dad's current bed buddy is NOT one of them.
Wow. You're ridiculous, ignorant and sound bitter. Strike a nerve much? Step off? What is this, 1994? For your information, this IS the father... and WE is referring to myself, my wife and my entire side of the family that are being affected by this situation. BTW, parents alone don't raise children, families do.

You should step off the anger bridge, come back over to friendship shore. :D

Isis1

Wow. You're ridiculous, ignorant and sound bitter. Strike a nerve much? Step off? What is this, 1994? For your information, this IS the father... and WE is referring to myself, my wife and my entire side of the family that are being affected by this situation. BTW, parents alone don't raise children, families do.

Actually, legally, you are incorrect. In a legal courtroom, in a legal sense, there is only you, mom and child.

Antigone*

And in the spirit of all things legal, and since in this thread the OP in not interested in what is legal; let's not waste a good thread. It is now time for...

...HIJACK TRIVIA...

Please tell me who sang the song "These Boots Are Made For Walking." The winner gets to use the virtual boot:D

Silverplum

And in the spirit of all things legal, and since in this thread the OP in not interested in what is legal; let's not waste a good thread. It is now time for...

...HIJACK TRIVIA...

Please tell me who sang the song "These Boots Are Made For Walking." The winner gets to use the virtual boot:D
Nancy Sinatra!!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I like boots. Not so much liking the OP with his attitude. LEGALLY stepparent and every one else needs to step off. LEGALLY!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I am not at all ridiculous, ignorant OR bitter. Rather, when it comes to legalities, I will most likely protect your child better than you will. I know the law and know what courts look at when considering motions and such. Hence, sit back, shut up, and learn. YOU referring to your wife and your side of the family matters NOT at all. PARENTS are the ones who LEGALLY matter. Continue on the moronic and sooner or later you will go over the falls in a barrel (not a great survival rate though it happens!).

cyjeff

Allow me to put it this way.

The judge could (and has) barred step parents from court if they couldn't behave themselves and insist upon inserting themselves into the process.

Why?

Because step parents are legal strangers to the children and are in court only upon the good will of the judge.

I, myself, am a step. I am not being harsh but realistic.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">