• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non paying bidder on a $3000 XBOX 360 bundle pack sold on ebay with buy it now.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agomer86

What is the name of your state? California
State of non-paying buyer? Lucky me, California (but 12 hour drive)

Ok heres the situation. I managed to get ahold of an xbox 360 game console bundle, and we all know how damn hard it is to get ahold of one of those. I put it for sale on ebay and i get a buy it now for exactly $3000 plus $40 for shipping, and about $240 for taxes that he is charged. He has not paid for about a 4 days now, and does not respond to any of my emails. I do have his address by the way. I know that if i resell the item, i wont get more then $1000 because it is not in demand as much as it used to be a few days ago when it first came out.
Here is what I THINK i should do. Take him to small claims down here where I live ,not where he lives for $3280 plus court fees. I am new to this so i dont know what to do, where to go, what to fill out, or if i will win. What do you "professionals" think? Thanks for any advice/opinions, appreciate all of it!
-Aaron

JETX

agomer86 said:
What do you "professionals" think?
Pretty simple.... your options are:
1) To allow sufficient time to let the ebay 'non-paying bidder system' work, or
2) File a lawsuit in your local court.

stephenk

forget about it. The bidder was obviously lacking mental competency to enter into a contract. $3000 for an x-box???

agomer86

Considering others were going for $2500, im going to have to disagree with you. And it was the new xbox 360, not the xbox, and it was in super high demand.

Anyone else want to throw in their 2 cents?

BelizeBreeze

JETX said:
ANYONE who thinks a toy is worth that much deserves what he gets....SHAFTED :D

janedoe23

Ahhhh you poor widdle baby. Get a life and quit being so damn greedy. File a non-paying bidder alert and get your final value fee back and MOVE ON! 90% of those people in line were in line just to make a profit now you have people who really want it but were unable to get one and are now looking at paying $2000 for it. :rolleyes:

JETX

janedoe23 said:
Ahhhh you poor widdle baby. Get a life and quit being so damn greedy. File a non-paying bidder alert and get your final value fee back and MOVE ON! 90% of those people in line were in line just to make a profit now you have people who really want it but were unable to get one and are now looking at paying $2000 for it. :rolleyes:
Sorry, but I agree with the OP.
This was an extremely high demand item in its first few days introduction... and those outrageous prices might seem unreasonable to some... there are people who are paying those prices.
And the fact remains.... the OP has been screwed by the false bidder and has the legal right to pursue a breach of contract lawsuit.

JETX

agomer86 said:
Thank you. When i file a case at the local court, will the case take place in my local court, or his?
File in your home court. Once served, the defendant then has the right to file a motion to dismiss due to venue. If the court agrees with the motion, the court will dismiss and you will have to consider filing in HIS home court. However, if the defendant doesn't file the challenge... then your court should hear your case.

stephenk

how much was the second place bid? have you thought about contacting them and seeing if they want to still purchase it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">