• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nonrefundable deposit clause in application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

south

Can the board supervisor please remove ENASNI's link to picture rights I think they are being abused.

It will not be long before she writes completely in hieroglyphics.

ENASNI said:
Good Question!!! here is a lollipop

for da queen

Last edited:
Sorry South - I must be missing where cyrusdgr8 indicates that the non-refundable deposit was part of the lease he was asked to sign...

That is because the poster never made such a claim.

south

Wake up dopey,

Please read the thread you are going of in another direction.

I never said the 'non-refundable deposit was part of the lease he was asked to sign' the OP completed an application (credit) which states non refundable deposit if accepted, Clap Clap Clap nothing wrong with that...... BUT BUT BUT

When he went to sign the lease itself after his app was accepted there was a clause saying his big friggin whopping security deposit is not refundable....

He did not like the rip off clause SO he wanted his $1000 depsoit back from the credit APPLICATION he completed prior to being shown the lease...

Please understand answering your post was annoying.

john123456 said:
Sorry South - I must be missing where cyrusdgr8 indicates that the non-refundable deposit was part of the lease he was asked to sign...

That is because the poster never made such a claim.

south said:
Wake up dopey,

Please read the thread you are going of in another direction.

I never said the 'non-refundable deposit was part of the lease he was asked to sign' the OP completed an application (credit) which states non refundable deposit if accepted, Clap Clap Clap nothing wrong with that...... BUT BUT BUT

When he went to sign the lease itself after his app was accepted there was a clause saying his big friggin whopping security deposit is not refundable....

He did not like the rip off clause SO he wanted his $1000 depsoit back from the credit APPLICATION he completed prior to being shown the lease...

Please understand answering your post was annoying.
Your ad hominem attack is unwarranted. As far as we know, the OP was never presented with a lease.

Last edited:

ENASNI

john123456 said:
Your ad hominem attack is unwarranted. As far as we know, the OP was never presented with a lease.

What Johnabcdef is saying is true me boy south. Methinks you are mixing up threads.

Happens to me sometimes here, and when I am fishing... good way to meet men.. if they are not grumpy. Do you know what it is like to be grumpy, south? :p

treese

cyrusdgr8, you are calling this deposit a "Security Deposit".

What exactly is this deposit classified as per the application? What exactly does the non-refundable clause state?

If it is referred to as anything other than a Security Deposit, then it is NOT a Security Deposit.

You have applied for, put a deposit down on and been approved for an apartment. The application that you signed states that your deposit is non-refundable. If you fail to enter into the lease agreement or refuse to take possession of the property, you may be out of luck.

It may very well be legal for the landlord to keep all (or part) your deposit.

You claim you were not offered an apartment, then in the very same post state that the apartment was not ready as agreed to by both parties. Which is it? :confused:

You claim no apartment was being "held" for you. If the LL stopped advertising and taking applications once you were approved then the LL was "holding" it for you. You cannot not expect one to believe that you applied for and put a deposit down on a nonexistent apartment. :rolleyes:

You claim that you were not informed about the non-refundable clause until you demanded your money back. The clause was included in the application. When you signed the application you agreed to the terms it contained ... whether you read them thoroughly or not.

$1000.00 is a substantial chunk of change to lose, but it sounds as though the landlord covered himself.

fauve4

Good job...

this is the exact point I was trying to make earlier... obviously I didn't do a very good job... :D

treese

Fauve, your point was made clearly but the thread got a little off track.

What really matters is what the non-refundable clause states and what the deposit is referred to on the application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">