• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shari36

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Marriage is falling apart, husband is the Father of my 5yr son. We were not married until after his birth. Father did sign paternity papers at the time of sons birth.. We both love our boys (11yr old son has been raised by my husband since he was three)and Im not worried about eventually reaching a joint agreement as far as the 5yr old goes. What Iam unsure about is this, We have some really harsh feelings between us right at the moment, and he is really confident that I will not be leaving with the boys. He is a fisherman and only home about 9 days a month.. Im not saying that because he is a hard worker and never home that he isnt and cant be a father just not sure what I should do since I will have to be the one moving out. Also since I am the only one that takes care of our boys while husband is out fishing most of the month. I do not know what steps to take untill we can agree on something.
Shari

seniorjudge

shari36 said:

Marriage is falling apart, husband is the Father of my 5yr son. We were not married until after his birth. Father did sign paternity papers at the time of sons birth.. We both love our boys (11yr old son has been raised by my husband since he was three)and Im not worried about eventually reaching a joint agreement as far as the 5yr old goes. What Iam unsure about is this, We have some really harsh feelings between us right at the moment, and he is really confident that I will not be leaving with the boys. He is a fisherman and only home about 9 days a month.. Im not saying that because he is a hard worker and never home that he isnt and cant be a father just not sure what I should do since I will have to be the one moving out. Also since I am the only one that takes care of our boys while husband is out fishing most of the month. I do not know what steps to take untill we can agree on something.
Shari
You have started 22 threads, most of them on this subject.

Post in one of the earlier threads you started.

No one has time to go back and find all 100 or so of your posts.

shari36

I dont recall how many threads Ive started, Iam pretty sure they are not on this same topic. The topic situation that brought me to this site for answers, has been settled and doing very well now.
Shari

LdiJ

shari36 said:

Shari
Don't leave unless you take your children with you. Obviously dad is not in a position to have primary custody of the children, nor has he been the primary caretaker of the children.

Obviously you will have to negotiate for him to have parenting time during the periods of time that he is not at sea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">