• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of hearing arrived after hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

This is in Florida. I am representing my self in a modification of visitation. I want more days and my ex is trying to reduce the days I presently have. Her attorney filed a motion and then received a hearing date on the 28th of SEPT. He certified to the court that he served me on that date. He did not mail the notice until the 3rd of OCT and the hearing was for the 5th at 8:15 am. The notice arrived at my home on the afternoon of the 5th. The envelope from the attorney is postmarked the 3rd. I live two counties away from the court house or about 110 miles. What is my best move? Could he have taken advantage of my absence and requested other motions?

------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">