• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nursing Home Malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elitefinders

What is the name of your state (Pennsylvania)?

It has been a year since my mother passed away. She had suffered a certain type of stroke at home(where it goes away in about an hour or less). She was taken to the ER, and after a day or two was transferred to a rehab facility. She was taking medication ( several different stool softners, because she had alot of problems with her bowels in the past), something for irregular heart beats from time to time, meds for a skin condition which could kill, and something for her cholesterol. She had been taking these medicines for years and continually seeing her doctor and was doing quite well before the mini stroke.

Once in the rehab facility her primary physician said she would continue on her regular medication without interference. That was comforting and I watched her progression for a month. Just as she was getting ready to be released I had a exit meeting with staff who had interacted with my mom. Before the meeting, I noticed my mom was bleeding from the rectum and asked in the meeting what was going on. They said they hadn't noticed any bleeding, but that she had been constipated for almost a week. When I asked about the medicines she had been taking specifically for that condition. Their response was that she wasn't on any meds like this the entire month she was there. I was outraged and that's when everything started to go down hill. From then on it got worse and every nursing home she was in the neglegence increased until she finally passed.

Can someone please answer questions on whether I have a case or not. I have notes throughout this ordeal taken on a daily basis in great detail. Please assist if you can.

lealea1005

What is the name of your state (Pennsylvania)?

It has been a year since my mother passed away. She had suffered a certain type of stroke at home(where it goes away in about an hour or less). She was taken to the ER, and after a day or two was transferred to a rehab facility. She was taking medication ( several different stool softners, because she had alot of problems with her bowels in the past), something for irregular heart beats from time to time, meds for a skin condition which could kill, and something for her cholesterol. She had been taking these medicines for years and continually seeing her doctor and was doing quite well before the mini stroke.

Once in the rehab facility her primary physician said she would continue on her regular medication without interference. That was comforting and I watched her progression for a month. Just as she was getting ready to be released I had a exit meeting with staff who had interacted with my mom. Before the meeting, I noticed my mom was bleeding from the rectum and asked in the meeting what was going on. They said they hadn't noticed any bleeding, but that she had been constipated for almost a week. When I asked about the medicines she had been taking specifically for that condition. Their response was that she wasn't on any meds like this the entire month she was there. I was outraged and that's when everything started to go down hill. From then on it got worse and every nursing home she was in the neglegence increased until she finally passed.

Can someone please answer questions on whether I have a case or not. I have notes throughout this ordeal taken on a daily basis in great detail. Please assist if you can.
I am sorry for your loss.

Did her Primary Care Physician continue to treat her during the time she was in the nursing home?

How many nursing homes was she in and for how long?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">