• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Odometer Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JETX

Bottom line to all this crap.

None of us KNOWS what the real facts are... or whether the dealership knew, or didn't know, or whether the dealership has liability or not.

That is why my past post is the ONLY accurate one ANY can make:
---------------------
So, your options are simple. Run down to your local small claims (or special civil) court and file a lawsuit against them.
And/or you can contact: http://www.lemonlawclaims.com/odometerfraud.htm

Also, report their actions to the NJ State Police, Auto Unit.
http://www.njsp.org/divorg/invest/invest.html#auto
---------------------

IGNORE ANY OTHER POSTS IN THIS THREAD!!!

darling2321

You both were a great help to me I promise. As of the car situation, I am headed to the dealership tomorrow so we will see what happens and I will be sure to let you both know!! Thanks again!

Jet: Gee, you've come a long way from your initial advice. I would rate your last post, considering your temperament, a complete capitulation. You're welcome.

Oh, and good luck to the OP. All I can say is that the dealer DEFINITELY doesn't want it to be known or reported that they falsified an official document. Or that they didn't correct the mistake That is LEVERAGE you can use. Try talking to the dealer first. Remember that even if the dealer didn't know about the problem with the odometer when the car was sold to you (which is very unlikely), they would be required to rewrite the contract with true info on the odometer statement. Otherwise, a subsequent buyer would assume that the odometer was reading correctly throughout its history.

Tell the dealer that cars with "unknown miles" can be worth substantially less (50% or more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">