• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer: Failed to Yield to oncomming traffic.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentblackhat

--PARIDISE-- said:
There is no way that your arrow was yellow, yet the other traffic had a green.
then you obviously dont know what you are talking about. i havd a yellow aarow WHILE the other traffic had RED. THe officer saw those cars rolling thinking that they had a green light, yet they were just rolling their cars forward because theyk new it would turn green in a little bit. maybe in ur state they dont have green and yellow aarows where u are but here they do. i really dont get why i would be posting the thing about the green aarows and the yellow aarows IF they werent there. Its not like this forum is a court and if i lie good enough on here then i will get the ticket dismissed

anyway im going to talkt with a local lawyer about this and see what can be done because i know what went on and talking with the lawyer wont hurt at all. thanks for the people who have helped me tho

justalayman

Just so you know silentblackhat, I do understand the type of traffic control light you are speaking of.

The problem is that to fight the ticket using physics would be very difficult. Because the distance traveled is so small and there are multiple paths you could have taken. Unless you knew your exact speed and exactly when any changes of your speed happened, and could correlate this exactly with the light at any given time you are pretty much out of luck going this way and you will sound like a smart ass kid trying to get out of a ticket.

The thing is, if you were totally out of the intersection by the time the straight through light had turned green, you are not guilty. The problem I have is I have never seen this type of light timed with a delay from when the turn lane changed to a round green before the straight through lane did. Not saying it is never that way, just I have never seen it.

Another thing to consider is, were you actually looking at the light when it changed to green for the straight through traffic. I doubt and I hope not because that means you weren't looking where you were going.

So I think the best you can hope for is going in front of the judge or talking with the pa before you go in front of the judge and explain why you believe you did not impede the straight through traffic.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">