• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oh My Gosh! Help Me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souix

n_and said:
What am I, non-existent?

***No your response was very helpful, but the OP is now saying that there is a recorded license. Does that happen with a common law marriage?

L

Lorelei

Sorry N and

You're not non-existent..You helped quite a bit as well. *Smiles*
But Souix posed a good question... In a common law marriage does it go on the record?
So far as I have learned where I live in Texas:
Aside from everything you and IAAL have mentioned....

Both people have to be there to pick up a "Common Law Marriage Certificate"
The Common law License is like 5 bucks cheaper then a Regular certificate.
Both people sign the license and only one person has to be there to turn it in.
No Justice of the Peace required, and from what I have seen..no blood work or anything else.
I've only lived in Texas for a little over 2 years and I am STILL trying to get use to the laws here.

Also another thing I have learned....always review the previous posts fully so as not to leave anyone out when Thanking for their help.

n_and

Loerelei, you most certainly have no need to apologize to me. While I appreciate it, I was only joking with you.

As for you & Sioux's question, man, I wish you had not asked that! I don't know. I am not a lawyer, and will not be for another 6 years or so. My 'knowledge' of law is quite limited. I believe yes, it does go on public records, but honestly, I am not quite sure -- at all.

Sorry. :)

Shay-Pari'e

Last I spoke with her, she was getting married and only used her work computer as she did not have one at her house yet. She was a real sweetie.

I feel bad I linked this post now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">