• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One other question concerning bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Quddus

What is the name of your state? Michigan

So I filed bankruptcy march 16 2005 No lawyer. I talked to the local legal aid in my area before filing my chapter 7. I had no assets or nothing. It was just sr8 consumer debt.

I was barely even working. I had a lawsuit that I had not received any money for. So I was advise to not even mention it because I had not received any money nor was it any chance that I would receive money at all.

I had my meeting of creditors on june 1. None showed up. A few days ago I was told I may receive a check in one week close to 10,000.

Recently A company that I filed on my bankruptcy tried to garnisher my wages. I know they cannot take my wages during a chapter 7.

So should I report the money to the trustee. And how would I do this? And I know the companies will try and come after me. I have no vehicle now and plan on using the money to purchase a vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">