• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online furniture store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rnkellylynn

I reside in Co. Bought a Broyhill livingroom set from furniturebuzz.com for $2300 in mid January. Was expected to take 4-6 weeks. At 8 wks, I called to inquire and I got a run around about extended manufacturing, etc. They said it would be shipped by 10 wks. At this point, I started looking around the internet and saw that this company takes money and does not deliver, DOH! At 12 weeks, I demanded refund. However, everyone demanding refund on review sites never receives their money, and they file with their CC for repayment. Here is where I messed up BAD. I paid with paypal funds and paypal says that they can't help since we've long passed the 4-6 week point. Furniture buzz does have a physical store in Savannah Georgia. However, I'm guessing that filing an out of state small claims is going to cost me even more in the end? Suggestions? Condolences? BTW, Broyhill did comfirm for me that they do outlet their furniture through furniturebuzz. That is all they would say. Thanks,
Kelly

What IF...I started dragging Broyhill into the equation, claiming that they authorized FBuzz to advertise and sell Broyhill furniture. That large amounts of money is taken on behalf of Broyhill furniture without performance or refund. FBuzz did tell me that the manufacturer was responsible for not delivering merchandise. Do you think Broyhill could put pressure on FBuzz to refund? Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

I reside in Co. Bought a Broyhill livingroom set from furniturebuzz.com for $2300 in mid January. Was expected to take 4-6 weeks. At 8 wks, I called to inquire and I got a run around about extended manufacturing, etc. They said it would be shipped by 10 wks. At this point, I started looking around the internet and saw that this company takes money and does not deliver, DOH! At 12 weeks, I demanded refund. However, everyone demanding refund on review sites never receives their money, and they file with their CC for repayment. Here is where I messed up BAD. I paid with paypal funds and paypal says that they can't help since we've long passed the 4-6 week point. Furniture buzz does have a physical store in Savannah Georgia. However, I'm guessing that filing an out of state small claims is going to cost me even more in the end? Suggestions? Condolences? BTW, Broyhill did comfirm for me that they do outlet their furniture through furniturebuzz. That is all they would say. Thanks,
Kelly

What IF...I started dragging Broyhill into the equation, claiming that they authorized FBuzz to advertise and sell Broyhill furniture. That large amounts of money is taken on behalf of Broyhill furniture without performance or refund. FBuzz did tell me that the manufacturer was responsible for not delivering merchandise. Do you think Broyhill could put pressure on FBuzz to refund? Thoughts on this?
My advice would be to retain counsel and have a letter sent to the company along with a copy of the proposed complaint. It will cost you some legal fees, but you have been "screwed" out of a substantial amount of money. If the company sees the writing on the wall, they might cough up your money or your couch.

I would also contact your state's attorney general's office, specifically the consumer protection division. They might be able to help put a stop to the scam.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">