• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open Container

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anthony10554

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Hi my name is Anthony and i recently got an open container charge when my friend made a crazy u-turn. I had weed and a pipe on me and was also drinking a 40 but the cop let me go with my pipe and weed but he said he was just going to charge me for the open beer. I was put on unsupervised probation in October of 2007 for a DUI and would like to know how this charge is going to affect me. I don't mind paying the fine but is it going to affect my insurance and/or my driving status?? Any help would be greatly appreciated thx.

FlyingRon

Are you still on probation?

4-251 is a up to $750 fine and 4 mos in jail. Can't imagine jail time unless you were on probation still (even then it would seem unlikely unless we're talking Maricopa county :)

I don't think it should affect your license, insurance, etc...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">