• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opinions please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cooltwins

What is the name of your state? MN

Joint physical/Joint legal custody of two boys, ages 13.

I am looking for some opinions.

Court order states that in addition to normal visitation during the school year, "father will also have access to the children for 14 days during the school year for his miscellaneous days off".

My question is this....if he does not use all of his 14 days, can he carry them over to the school year next year or does he forfeit the ones he did not use? The paperwork does not address this. If the boys were not already complaining about going over there everytime, I would have no problem with carrying over days. However, since they do not want to spend extra time there, I am leaning more towards him forfeiting them. The school year is relatively new. I don't want to wait until the end and then say "sorry". I want to make sure he has enough time to use all of his 14 days.

I will check back for replies later today. Thank you.

B

betterthanher

cooltwins said:
What is the name of your state? MN

Joint physical/Joint legal custody of two boys, ages 13.

I am looking for some opinions.

Court order states that in addition to normal visitation during the school year, "father will also have access to the children for 14 days during the school year for his miscellaneous days off".

My question is this....if he does not use all of his 14 days, can he carry them over to the school year next year or does he forfeit the ones he did not use? The paperwork does not address this. If the boys were not already complaining about going over there everytime, I would have no problem with carrying over days. However, since they do not want to spend extra time there, I am leaning more towards him forfeiting them. The school year is relatively new. I don't want to wait until the end and then say "sorry". I want to make sure he has enough time to use all of his 14 days.

I will check back for replies later today. Thank you.
No, it does not "rollover" to the next year. Whether he wishes to exercise them is up to him. Plus, in regards to the comment that they don't want to spend extra time there, just a reminder that it is your duty to help encourage the visitation and not assist in their alienation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">