• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

as234

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? new mexico.What is the name of your state?
My neighour decided he had wanted to sell his mobile home, which he is the legal and rightful owner of. A buyer was found, and a verbal agreement was made for the terms of the sale. This much down, this much per month. The verbal agreement was that a contract was to be written, and on the first of this month, the down payment would be given.
For the past week a work crew has been in the trailer fixing a long list of problems. This potential buyer has my neighbour pinned in the back room. He has received no money, nor a signed contract. He is in his room afraid to even make noise, for fear of angering the potential buyer, who is a drug dealer and a gang member.
Now it gets better, he wants to sign the title over to me, hoping I will run the bad people off, then rent him the place. The owner has no spine, and its not my business to ask the potential buyer to leave.
So My question is, what do I do? I figure the owner signs the title over to me. I take a trip down to the sherriff, asking for their assistance in removing someone who has no ownership over my new trailer. I would probably also need something so that the potential buyer does not return. The property where the trailer sits is rented. So maybe the landlord is the one that would need to bring the sherriff over? The potential buyer is new to this country, does not speak English, nor know our laws or customs. please help, thank you

CdwJava

That's still a civil issue. If he sells or gives you the trailer, you still have what appears to be a legal tenant to get rid of.

What I am confused about is why he let the "potential buyer" move in already. By doing that he may have created this whole headache. You and he may want to speak to an attorney about the issue before you do something that can get one or both of you in trouble.

- Carl

as234

Cocaine

My neighboor's behavior could only be explained by a drug addiction. I saw one of the metal dish scrubbers torn apart. Which lead me to believe that he was involved with some drug usage.

CdwJava

My neighboor's behavior could only be explained by a drug addiction. I saw one of the metal dish scrubbers torn apart. Which lead me to believe that he was involved with some drug usage.
If your friend sees drugs or drug use, he can call the police and hope that he is not also arrested or doesn't have his property seized.

In the end, this is still a civil problem. Drugs would be an unrelated criminal matter.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">