• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OT Really dumb laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AkersTile

Look at dumblaws.com

This is an actual law in Rhode Island:
Any marriage where either of the parties is an idiot or lunatic is null and void.

I really love school assignments some times.:D

Proserpina

Look at dumblaws.com

This is an actual law in Rhode Island:
Any marriage where either of the parties is an idiot or lunatic is null and void.

I really love school assignments some times.:D

Presumably the law stems from a time where both terms were valid and either would imply that the person was not legally fit to consent to a marriage...

..in which case the law ain't dumb at all ;)

AkersTile

Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.~~ OK

Someone please let me know when OK starts arresting dogs :confused:

It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex with a buffalo. ~~ also OK

I'm not really sure what to say about this. :eek:

Proserpina

Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.~~ OK

Someone please let me know when OK starts arresting dogs :confused:

It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex with a buffalo. ~~ also OK

I'm not really sure what to say about this. :eek:

You smile politely, cough, and turn your head.

Talk to the next person.

You really have to watch those bar owners though. They evidently allow all kinds of shenanigans, the likes of which this wench has never seen before!

CJane

It's also illegal in MO to own a bathtub with feet resembling those of an animal.

And I like this one...

Women are prohibited from wearing corsets because "the privilege of admiring the curvaceous, unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal, red-blooded American male."

Proserpina

It's also illegal in MO to own a bathtub with feet resembling those of an animal.

And I like this one...

Women are prohibited from wearing corsets because "the privilege of admiring the curvaceous, unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal, red-blooded American male."

?!?!?!?!?!?!

WHAT?!

Oh my goodness, the local Wench's Guild would be horrified to read of this travesty!

LdiJ

This Indiana one is pretty interesting::D

A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.

Gail in Georgia

In Atlanta Georgia it's illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephpne pole or street lamp.

It's also illegal in Georgia to keep a donkey in a bathtub.

Drat! Where do I park my giraffe? I suppose I could move the donkey out of the bathtub and move the giraffe in there.

Gail

Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated. -VA

A man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman’s derriere. -VA

No person may keep a skunk as a pet. -VA

CJane

In Memphis, Tennessee, a woman is not to drive a car unless a man warns approaching motorists or pedestrians by walking in front of the car that is being driven.

frylover

This Indiana one is pretty interesting::D

A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.

So, if the young lady is wearing ONLY her shoes and socks, you're in the clear?:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">