• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of control father.....need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GaMoM13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (Georgia)
trying to change custody visitation with father two children he has continuously disregarded any other visitation agreements just moved without enough prior notice wondering three questions..

1.) if father agrees to new visitation can child custody be changed at later date or does it need to be changed with visitation?
2.) does it matter if with new visitation agreement father did not move into child's school district?
3.) can child support B given as full support even though child is under joint custody but spends after school until 8 p.m. And then is dropped off before school at six thirty a.m at my residence when the father has his visitation days so I am keeping child much more time than father is?
Willing to elaborate more if needed.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
trying to change custody visitation with father two children he has continuously disregarded any other visitation agreements just moved without enough prior notice wondering three questions..

1.) if father agrees to new visitation can child custody be changed at later date or does it need to be changed with visitation?
2.) does it matter if with new visitation agreement father did not move into child's school district?
3.) can child support B given as full support even though child is under joint custody but spends after school until 8 p.m. And then is dropped off before school at six thirty a.m at my residence when the father has his visitation days so I am keeping child much more time than father is?
1) Was a new court order made? Is there a court order/ Visitation is a right NOT an obligation.
2) Usually it doesn't matter if the father lives in the child's school district. That normally has no bearing on anything. What does the court order state?
3) Child support is based on what the court orders. Try to make the question clearer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
First - you really need to tone down the hysteria. This is not an emergency, heck it doesn't even sound urgent.

Now, what, exactly, are the current orders regarding custody, visitation, and support. What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?

Just Blue

Perhaps it is just me...But I find your post hard to understand.

Silverplum

I suggest you search TheGeekess's posts for GA legal info and help.

(I don't see any reason for the post title.)

GaMoM13

First - you really need to tone down the hysteria. This is not an emergency, heck it doesn't even sound urgent.

Now, what, exactly, are the current orders regarding custody, visitation, and support. What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?
Sorry but urgency is a must. Ex husband is a narcissist to say the least. 3 months ago agreed w me to stay where daughter is for senior year while i had son who was starting in public school for first time. Agreed to 3wkends a month w son. 3Months later sends email stating "moving in 5 days. Going back to week on week off with kids just deal with it." Moved just outside of sons school district. Now daughter and himself are commuting 40miles each way his son has to get on off bus at my residence. He is out of town tuesdays for work which is one of his days so son stays with me that night and daughter has to stay with his sister by her school because no way to get her there otherwise. Questions i have above should also include how my husband and myself now can protect ourselves from more of his careless actions causing disruption of his childs lives for no reason. Its draining waiting for his next move to disrupt just want answers to questions and options crazy they may sound doesnt matter. Just need help

Silverplum

Sorry but urgency is a must. Ex husband is a narcissist to say the least. 3 months ago agreed w me to stay where daughter is for senior year while i had son who was starting in public school for first time. Agreed to 3wkends a month w son. 3Months later sends email stating "moving in 5 days. Going back to week on week off with kids just deal with it." Moved just outside of sons school district. Now daughter and himself are commuting 40miles each way his son has to get on off bus at my residence. He is out of town tuesdays for work which is one of his days so son stays with me that night and daughter has to stay with his sister by her school because no way to get her there otherwise. Questions i have above should also include how my husband and myself now can protect ourselves from more of his careless actions causing disruption of his childs lives for no reason. Its draining waiting for his next move to disrupt just want answers to questions and options crazy they may sound doesnt matter. Just need help
Try an attorney.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Again, this is not an emergency. Yes, you can go to court to seek changes, but don't expect it to happen overnight.

Just Blue

Sorry but urgency is a must. Ex husband is a narcissist to say the least.
Was Ex Dx by a PhD or is this your assessment? If the later...You are not a Doctor and have no right in LEGAL terms to state such a thing. Becareful with that as it could bite you in your moneybelt. ;)

And what is the "urgency"? Please calm down and be clear. We are not in your mind and do not know the back story. I, for one, find your posting hard to follow. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">