• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of pockets expenses of medical costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iwmi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
Wife and I work on uncontested divorce. I use the CS worksheet for the calculation of CS.
Wife wrote to me:
basides the CS I obligate and I should be reponsible total or partial on "All copay, partial payment of medical and dental bill, because these are considered out of pockets expenses"

I think I should share the uncovered costs by the insurance such as dental braces. Not sure " all copays and others".

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
Wife and I work on uncontested divorce. I use the CS worksheet for the calculation of CS.
Wife wrote to me:
basides the CS I obligate and I should be reponsible total or partial on "All copay, partial payment of medical and dental bill, because these are considered out of pockets expenses"

I think I should share the uncovered costs by the insurance such as dental braces. Not sure " all copays and others".
There is no right answer. It's what the two of you can agree to.

If you do leave it for a judge to decide, the judge might decide for one party to pay 100%, for the parties to split the uncovered expenses 50:50, or for the uncovered expenses to be split proportional to income. To complicate matters further, the amount paid for medical expenses (or medical insurance) can affect the child support amount.
State Bar of Georgia - Divorce

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">