• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state Notary refusing to notarize

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anteater

Ask your brother to find another notary - one with half a brain. That's probably easier than arguing with that refused.

nextwife

Ask your brother to find another notary - one with half a brain. That's probably easier than arguing with that refused.
The portion of the form in which the place (county and state) in which the act of notarizing occurred should be blank until the notary inserts their county and state. I sometimes receive docs that need to be notarized, but the party that generated them inserted THEIR county and state. While I can generally use the "white out strip and photo copier" method of creating new originals to have signed, not everyone can do that, nor can they do that if there are other needed signatures on the same doc. And it's a pain in the neck to do that. Certain lines need to be left blank when docs are sent elsewhere for signature.

Last edited:

tranquility

I agree with nextwife and that is what I am talking about. We don't really know where the problem is as the OP is a little fuzzy on where those statments are on the form. But, I've seen pre-filled in forms where the notary couldn't affirm because of the county was printed differently from where the signature is going to take place.

My questions were trying to get the OP to tell us what he wants the notary to swear to. If the problem state and county were in an inappropriate area, obviously the notary couldn't do their job.

nextwife

I agree with nextwife and that is what I am talking about. We don't really know where the problem is as the OP is a little fuzzy on where those statments are on the form. But, I've seen pre-filled in forms where the notary couldn't affirm because of the county was printed differently from where the signature is going to take place.

My questions were trying to get the OP to tell us what he wants the notary to swear to. If the problem state and county were in an inappropriate area, obviously the notary couldn't do their job.
The notary doesn't swear to anything other than the identity of the signatory.

Do you mean you are asking what what it is she wants the party who is signing to swear to?

anteater

The OP provided a link to the doc a few posts back.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/sscDocs/pdf/pbip12f.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">