• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owner claims my insurance not cooperating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deckscrew

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. I was rear ended another vehicle. The damage was minor to other vehicle and there was none to my truck. No one was injured. I gave statements to the other vehicle owner's insurance company as well as mine. I admitted I was at fault. One month later I received a phone call from the owner of the other vehicle claiming that my insurance is not willing to pay what it will cost to fix her vehicle and vaguely threatening to get lawyers involved. Isn't this a matter between both insurance companies? Should I be concerned?

Thanks
Ron

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. I was rear ended another vehicle. The damage was minor to other vehicle and there was none to my truck. No one was injured. I gave statements to the other vehicle owner's insurance company as well as mine. I admitted I was at fault. One month later I received a phone call from the owner of the other vehicle claiming that my insurance is not willing to pay what it will cost to fix her vehicle and vaguely threatening to get lawyers involved. Isn't this a matter between both insurance companies? Should I be concerned?

Thanks
Ron
Let your insurance company know you were contacted. They will handle it for you.

adjusterjack

I was rear ended another vehicle.
You were rear-ended BY another vehicle or YOU rear-ended another vehicle. I'll assume the latter since you admit fault.

One month later I received a phone call from the owner of the other vehicle claiming that my insurance is not willing to pay what it will cost to fix her vehicle and vaguely threatening to get lawyers involved. Isn't this a matter between both insurance companies? Should I be concerned?
Only enough to call your claim rep and ask what's happening.

Otherwise, she can do whatever she wants and your insurance will protect you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">