• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Driving Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hammerhead

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

So I got nailed doing 69 in a 40 (yea right) by a Stewartstown cop. The ticket was marked "clocked". There are a few issues surrounding the incident that I am wondering may have any bearing on my case.

1. I was following another car who was also speeding. The officer even told me the other guy should thank me because he was going to give him the ticket.

2. When I saw the unmarked police car he was already moving to catch the other speeder, when I went through his timing marks. I feel that he made an error in operating the timing device and either started too late or ended early. There is NO WAY I was going that fast on a little, bumpy 2 lane road. How can I present this critical fact in court?

3. He was hiding on private property to time the distance. Does he need written or verbal permission from the homeowner? If written, does he have to produce it in court?

4. The intersection marked on the ticket is a good quarter mile away from where the incident occured. Is this an error?

My other question is this:
My last infraction was running a red light 2 years ago and got a 3111a citation. In PA are driving records cleared every year or just any points associated with them? This is critical as I hope to get the officer to ammend the ticket to a 3111a. The other fact is that the officer marked the ticket 65 in a 40 but made a note that actual speed was 69. Then proceeded to warn me not to take it to court. What other defence is there against this bogus speed? Any hints would be great, thanks!

Last edited:

racer72

1. That happens. An officer friend of mine calls it fishing. There may be a whole lake of fish but you only need to catch one. You were it.

2. Basically you can't. Something like this would be impossible to prove. It will be your word against his. Who do you think the judge will believe?

3. No permission is necessary. If the propery owner didn't want the officer there, he could ask him to leave. Most likely, the property owner was glad to have the officer there to slow down speeders.

4. Nope. It is common to list the nearest intersection, especially if it would be difficult to determine an actual cross street.

I would suggest a consulation with a local attorney. They are familiar with the local laws and judicial system and could help with a defense better than any internet forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">