• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paraphenelia summary offense-PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

norbert123

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

i got pulled over for driving without my lights on. I pulled out of a lighted parking lot and onto a main road without my lights on and turned them on immediately. a cop who was facing the opposite direction parked on the side of the four lane parkway got into his car, turned around and pulled me over as I guess he must have been watching me without my lights on coming out of the parking lot. by the time he pulled me over i didnt think it could be for my lights any more but he could smell weed in the car. after he threatened to search my vehicle for it i gave him a bowl which is all i had in my possession but he continued to have me and two passengers step out of the vehicle after which he found weed and a bowl on my friend. it feels almost unfair to get busted on a traffic offense like that but thats probably just a normal reaction to have in any case. anyway, we went back to the station and the officer said we'd each be getting a summary offense, which he explained as a fine that if we fought would be amended to misdemeanor charges. i doubt i have any grounds to fight it, so i guess im asking how deep the repercussions of a summary offense go. Will subsequent unfortunate run ins of this nature with the police get me kicked out of school/financial aid, or will this go away in the long run? this happened two weeks before my 18th birthday and i'll be going to state college in the fall. my personal opinion on the illegal substance remains unchanged and im trying to assess how strongly i need to restrict my usage.

thanks for the advice!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">