• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paraphernalia Charge - Virgina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1988scott

What is the name of your state? Virginia

The other night I was pulled over as I was leaving a park and the sheriff asked me who had been smoking marijuana in the car. Now, it was me and 3 other friends and we had just finished smoking two blunts, but there was no weed in the car only a bowl which we hadn't smoked out of that day (but had resin in it).

I told him there was no weed in the car at all, but he kept saying that he smelled marijuana. He asks me to get out of the car and he searched the car, without my consent, and he found the bowl.

I am charged under section 18.2 - 265.1 Possession of Drug paraphernalia. I was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice on what to do or what possible penalties may be. It is a misdemeanor not a felony. I am 20 years old with a clean record.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">