• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parent lied about child support payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antigone*

I suppose no one sees how my mother was the greedy one in this situation. My father and I have a very close relationship without the money. No one seems to read the part where I mention that my father continued to make payments to the best of his ability, yet my mother sued him and stated that he didn't pay her anything.

I am asking for legal advice, not your personal morale ramblings and assumptions. The only information you have is what I have given. What you do not realize is that my mother made my brothers share a bedroom and cook dinner for themselves while she went out and purchased a new Coach purse every time she received payments from my father.
You got accurate legal advice. You don't like what you heard, go pay an attorney to tell you the same thing.

2Mistakes

What is the intent of child support? I had always assumed it was to support the children.
When you were a minor, did you have clothes? Food? How about a place to live? Running water and electricity? Yes? Then you were supported.

You are no longer a child. Support yourself.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And if you truly think that your devoted father is getting the shaft...Why are you asking about your "cut"??
I would have a bit more respect for OP if s/he planned to give Dad back whatever s/he got from Mom. Doubt that's the case, though.

Just Blue

I would have a bit more respect for OP if s/he planned to give Dad back whatever s/he got from Mom. Doubt that's the case, though.
Oh!! But OP isn't done yet!! I am sure that is her/his intent with this whole thread...I have been waiting for OP to pull out that card. ;)

joywani

Thanks for the advice, but its obvious everyone commenting is a bitter ex-wife who didn't receive child support. Obviously none of you seem to get that custodial parents will keep child support payments for themselves. And everyone seems to selectively look over the fact that lying about receiving child support payments is against the law. Those payments never bounced because you all also failed to look over the fact that I said my mother spent those payments on herself. Yes, we had clothes, shoes, the whole shebang. But my father always paid for those things, even when he was making those full payments.

Perhaps I should go seek legal advice from actual lawyers. I apologize for assuming that a legal forum would have advice from members who are actually lawyers. Its obvious none of you are, and would rather spit your own personal venom than to actually give any real advice.

Just Blue

Thanks for the advice, but its obvious everyone commenting is a bitter ex-wife who didn't receive child support. Obviously none of you seem to get that custodial parents will keep child support payments for themselves. And everyone seems to selectively look over the fact that lying about receiving child support payments is against the law. Those payments never bounced because you all also failed to look over the fact that I said my mother spent those payments on herself. Yes, we had clothes, shoes, the whole shebang. But my father always paid for those things, even when he was making those full payments.

Perhaps I should go seek legal advice from actual lawyers. I apologize for assuming that a legal forum would have advice from members who are actually lawyers. Its obvious none of you are, and would rather spit your own personal venom than to actually give any real advice.
Yeah...You do that Sport. :rolleyes:

Proserpina

You don't seem to understand.

You are not entitled to a single cent.

It really IS that simple.

Silverplum

Nice try, whiny-child.

I, for one, have never paid nor received child support. I have never been divorced.

:cool:

It's obvious that we're all smarter than you, certainly...is that a problem for you?

2Mistakes

I suppose no one sees how my mother was the greedy one in this situation. My father and I have a very close relationship without the money. No one seems to read the part where I mention that my father continued to make payments to the best of his ability, yet my mother sued him and stated that he didn't pay her anything.

I am asking for legal advice, not your personal morale ramblings and assumptions. The only information you have is what I have given. What you do not realize is that my mother made my brothers share a bedroom and cook dinner for themselves while she went out and purchased a new Coach purse every time she received payments from my father.
Two of my kids share a room. They like it. My 2 oldest girls love to cook, and routinely cook dinner for the whole family.

Did your brothers who had to share a room pay for the house? No? They were supported. Did they buy the food they cooked with their own money? No? Then they were supported.

Who cares if your mom bought Coach purses? You obviosuly don't understand how child support works. All the money (salary, CS, etc.) all goes into 1 big pot. The child support that your dad paid was to REIMBURSE mom for a portion of what she spent supporting your ungrateful, money-grubbing behind.

Let's say your mom had to pay the mortgage, power bill, and car payment on the 1st of each month. Then let's say pops paid the child support on the 15th. That's a reimbursement of the money your mom had already shelled out to support you. So she could go spend whatever she wanted on whatever she wanted. (And don't argue with example and say, "Well those aren't the dates those things were paid." It's just an illustrative example.)

Quit trying to put your hands in someone else's pockets and go support yourself.

Antigone*

If you only knew. Yes deary, go spend your money on an attorney.

joywani

Its obvious that I'm a little less bitter than you. It amazes me how complete strangers can be so disrespectful to other people on an Internet forum. It still proves my point that none of you are lawyers and your "advice" is entirely from your own personal standpoint. Good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">