• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Alienation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Screwed99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

My wife filed a fictitious report with the DCFS in IL, in March of 2009 stating that I physically assaulted him when he was 7 months old. The report took four months to investigate and in order for the DCFS to issue their final determination. The report came back unfounded but my visits were suspended for the duration of the investigation.

In addition to the above my Wife has been stating that our Son has been sick for the entire month of December (hence no visitation) and that she is taking him out of town for the holidays next week end and that he will not be available for visitation until the 3rd of January. My court order provides for 3 hours of supervised visitation per week. Custody has not yet been determined in court. Does anyone know if I have grounds to file for Parental Alienation here? Thanks.

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

My wife filed a fictitious report with the DCFS in IL, in March of 2009 stating that I physically assaulted him when he was 7 months old. The report took four months to investigate and in order for the DCFS to issue their final determination. The report came back unfounded but my visits were suspended for the duration of the investigation.

In addition to the above my Wife has been stating that our Son has been sick for the entire month of December (hence no visitation) and that she is taking him out of town for the holidays next week end and that he will not be available for visitation until the 3rd of January. My court order provides for 3 hours of supervised visitation per week. Custody has not yet been determined in court. Does anyone know if I have grounds to file for Parental Alienation here? Thanks.
Nope... but I would sure as hell be filing for contempt... and to increase my visitation.

There is NO GOOD REASON to deny visitation EXCEPT to prevent the child from coming into physical harm.

Sickness isn't a reason. Neither is the holidays. Tell your ex that you will be waiting.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So how many threads are you going to open in the next week? This is your second in custody in two days. You couldn't just add on?

CJane

Why is your visitation only 3 supervised hours?

Are the visits at a visitation center or supervised by Mom?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Those questions are all in one of the dozen other threads he has opened dealing with his issues. Hence why I asked how many more he was going to open. Feel like going thread surfing to research it? I don't.

Screwed99

No idea. I guess their main argument is that he is too young for overnight visits (16 months old now) and that I have limited parenting experience as I am a first time Dad.

Screwed99

Those questions are all in one of the dozen other threads he has opened dealing with his issues. Hence why I asked how many more he was going to open. Feel like going thread surfing to research it? I don't.
Okay, I'll keep all on one thread going forward. Seriously though, I haven't posted re how to enforce visiting time before.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Okay, I'll keep all on one thread going forward. Seriously though, I haven't posted re how to enforce visiting time before.
But you have posted a heck of lot about this situation that is all relevant to your questions. Most of us are NOT going to read all of your history to answer. Confining it all to one thread or, if the thread gets closed due to length or other things, opening a new one THEN ONLY, helps we seniors.

Screwed99

But you have posted a heck of lot about this situation that is all relevant to your questions. Most of us are NOT going to read all of your history to answer. Confining it all to one thread or, if the thread gets closed due to length or other things, opening a new one THEN ONLY, helps we seniors.
Got it, Thx for the heads up, will keep it all on this thread.

CJane

Got it, Thx for the heads up, will keep it all on this thread.
Ok, if you're going to keep it all in one thread, PLEASE answer the questions...

How long have you had visitation?

Did you have a court order for visitation prior to Ex's claims that you assaulted the child?

Have you had supervised visits since the inception of the order?

Have you utilized EVERY VISIT that was possible?

Are the visits supervised at a CENTER (or by social services) or supervised by Mom?

What day of the week are your visits?

Screwed99

Ok, if you're going to keep it all in one thread, PLEASE answer the questions...

How long have you had visitation? I've had visitation since November of 2008, (excluding March through July when the fictitious report was filed with DCFS)

Did you have a court order for visitation prior to Ex's claims that you assaulted the child? Yes.

Have you had supervised visits since the inception of the order? Yes

Have you utilized EVERY VISIT that was possible? Yes, absolutely.

Are the visits supervised at a CENTER (or by social services) or supervised by Mom? The visits are with a Professional Supervisor appointed by the court that I pay at every visit.

What day of the week are your visits?
Every Saturday from Noon to 3.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">