• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental rights signed over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MIZZ~J

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Hello,
As mentioned before my ex and I are not divorced yet (he was served last year July) and I am still trying to modify (increase) the amount paid for CS. I have repeatedly asked my ex to sign over all legal rights to my kids, and even though he refuses, my question is if he would agree would his CS be reduced or increased?
Thank you

fairisfair

short answer, the way you are wording it is .....no

not unless you are talking about terminating his rights, which is altogether another thing, and isn't going to happen. Not based on what you have posted here.

MIZZ~J

Re:

I won't deny the fact that he has provided for my kids financially, even before ths CS order, I have been there for my kids day and night and he only has to pay...yes he has them everyother weekend, but I feel then that they deserve to be granted more financial support. He has had his mother and GF watch the the kids while he works on some weekends, so I don't understand why that is considered time spent with NCP. I have now looked into the termination of parental rights and will not be something I pursue.
Thanks

nextwife

I won't deny the fact that he has provided for my kids financially, even before ths CS order, I have been there for my kids day and night and he only has to pay...yes he has them everyother weekend, but I feel then that they deserve to be granted more financial support. He has had his mother and GF watch the the kids while he works on some weekends, so I don't understand why that is considered time spent with NCP. I have now looked into the termination of parental rights and will not be something I pursue.
Thanks

Day and night? And are YOU not working to pay for anything to support these children?

Get off his back. You kids have a right to have a relationship with their father. Sounds like he's working his butt off to provide for them. Are YOU providing them more financial support that you say they deserve?

MIZZ~J

What I do for my kids is a lot more than what money can buy....
The money received right now is used for my kids, as is the little money I earn from my PT job. A better education (which is why I'm back in school) will eventually earn me more money.
Does anyone know if there are any legal forms that we can sign and process to change our status back to single. When I asked my lawyer she told me if agreed by both parties we could sign a form send it to court and max 2 weeks later should be processed. Because we are still figuring out the money issues and visitation issues that would remain pending, it has gotten hard to get anything processed by my lawyer so does anyone know what exactly I can do?:confused:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The money received right now is used for my kids, as is the little money I earn from my PT job. A better education (which is why I'm back in school) will eventually earn me more money.
Does anyone know if there are any legal forms that we can sign and process to change our status back to single. When I asked my lawyer she told me if agreed by both parties we could sign a form send it to court and max 2 weeks later should be processed. Because we are still figuring out the money issues and visitation issues that would remain pending, it has gotten hard to get anything processed by my lawyer so does anyone know what exactly I can do?:confused:
Get a full time job now. YOU are to be working full time to support your children as well. Hopefully dad gets you imputed with a full time salary. You are a piece of work.

AHA

You want daddy to have no rights (not be the legal father or any other kind) but still want his money??

MIZZ~J

Ok aside from the money issue,
Does anyone know how I can finalize the divorce portion of this matter?

ohiostate

OK, I don't get why you do not want the kids to have a Dad. You have NOT said anything that would show he is not a good dad. There is a study out that kids who have dads involved in their education do a lot better in school than one that don't. You want CS money but no involvement from him. You need to get real about this.

MIZZ~J

I may at times feel like it's not necessary for them to go with their dad, but it is pointless if when they are there the kids come back sick, with clothes too big for them, and he doesn't even watch them!

I have asked my lawyer and I'm assuming that because she has higher paying cases she doesn't respond to my calls and when we get a chance to speak she says that his lawyers don't respond in a timely manner and therefore all I can do is wait....
So, is there a form that both us could sign and have mailed in and the divorce be finalized?

TinkerBelleLuvr

OP - if you wanted children without a FATHER, you should have gone to a sperm bank.

Child support is NOT an admission ticket to see your (as in plural) children.

Speak to your attorney about time frames. I suspect your attitude has much to do with any delays. And maybe unreasonable demands.

proud_parent

I have asked my lawyer and I'm assuming that because she has higher paying cases she doesn't respond to my calls and when we get a chance to speak she says that his lawyers don't respond in a timely manner and therefore all I can do is wait....
So, is there a form that both us could sign and have mailed in and the divorce be finalized?
The attorney whom you have retained has advised that you must wait, but you thought you'd come ask a bunch of strangers on the internet if there is a quick fix?

Based on what you've posted on these forums, there's no doubt in my mind why your attorney is content to let you cool your heels. :rolleyes:

If you are disatisfied with what your counsel has done on your behalf, fire her and hire another attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">