• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parenting plan and vacation days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustinLukas

What is the name of your state?CA

My ex and I are writing a parenting plan regarding our 17 month old son. We will have joint physical and legal custody. For vacation days, my ex wants to be able to take our son for 5 nights in a row and I think this is way too much time away from either parent. I was thinking 2 or 3 nights until our son is around 5 years old and then 5 nights is no problem.

I have heard that since infants/toddlers have such a short memory span that too much time away isn't good - are there any guidelines I can use in our plan that support or negate my thinking?

Thanks!

snostar

If you don't want the decision to be left up to a judge then be reasonable, try compromising on 4 nights. Really, as long as the child is familiar with both parents the extended visit will not likely adversely effect the child.

JustinLukas said:
What is the name of your state?CA

My ex and I are writing a parenting plan regarding our 17 month old son. We will have joint physical and legal custody. For vacation days, my ex wants to be able to take our son for 5 nights in a row and I think this is way too much time away from either parent. I was thinking 2 or 3 nights until our son is around 5 years old and then 5 nights is no problem.

I have heard that since infants/toddlers have such a short memory span that too much time away isn't good - are there any guidelines I can use in our plan that support or negate my thinking?

Thanks!

It is good you both are coming together and working it out. I would not and do not think that a 5 night here or there would cause anykind of damage at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">