• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parenting Plan Verbiage Confusion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaja5514

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Father and I recently settled on visitation and child support. This is our first summer with our new agreement and some confusion has popped up on what the following means:

DAYCARE / AFTER SCHOOL CARE
The day care/ after school care expense is ($196.80) per month and shall be paid by the Mother. This amount is included in the child support guidelines worksheet. In addition to the above, the parties shall equally share the cost of day care on non-school days.
SUMMER CAMP: Any summer camp expenses that exceed the aforementioned amount (in the sum of $196.80) shall be paid on a pro rata basis (Father: 46%, Mother 54%)

So, for July there was no after care expense. I took the full amount of July's summer camp, deducted $196.80, and split the remaining 46/54.

In August, there IS aftercare. I take that to mean that I pay the $196.80 and we split the remaining amount of summer camp on the 46/54 pro rata basis.

Father thinks I pay the $196.80 for after care, then an additional $196.80 for summer camp, then we split the remaining on the 46-54 basis.

Can someone clear this up for me?

Bonus question: If by chance, the amount of after care goes up, say to ($225 per month from $196.80), I read the above to mean that I pay the $196.80 and we split the remaining. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Father and I recently settled on visitation and child support. This is our first summer with our new agreement and some confusion has popped up on what the following means:

DAYCARE / AFTER SCHOOL CARE
The day care/ after school care expense is ($196.80) per month and shall be paid by the Mother. This amount is included in the child support guidelines worksheet. In addition to the above, the parties shall equally share the cost of day care on non-school days.
SUMMER CAMP: Any summer camp expenses that exceed the aforementioned amount (in the sum of $196.80) shall be paid on a pro rata basis (Father: 46%, Mother 54%)

So, for July there was no after care expense. I took the full amount of July's summer camp, deducted $196.80, and split the remaining 46/54.

In August, there IS aftercare. I take that to mean that I pay the $196.80 and we split the remaining amount of summer camp on the 46/54 pro rata basis.

Father thinks I pay the $196.80 for after care, then an additional $196.80 for summer camp, then we split the remaining on the 46-54 basis.

Can someone clear this up for me?

Bonus question: If by chance, the amount of after care goes up, say to ($225 per month from $196.80), I read the above to mean that I pay the $196.80 and we split the remaining. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!!
You pay $196.80 per month. You split anything above that for either summer camp, after care or a combination of the above. Yes, if after care increases that is a bit of a grey area. You are only ordered to pay 196.80, but dad isn't ordered to split any after school care, so that leaves any difference kind of in limbo. You would likely have to go back to court to get the after school care amount included in the child support calculation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">