• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking on sidewalk - cvc 22500(f) in shopping center

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

I read the CVC 22500f and did not find any reference to the "highway". Just currious, as I got a ticket yesterday in my own driveway because my truck hung over the "side walk" that I though was my driveway. Currious as to where to find the relevant definition and it's applicability here (if any).
Thanks in advance.
You did not look up the definitions very well:

555. "Sidewalk" is that portion of a highway, other than the
roadway, set apart by curbs, barriers, markings or other delineation
for pedestrian travel.​
and,

360. "Highway" is a way or place of whatever nature, publicly
maintained and open to the use of the public for purposes of
vehicular travel. Highway includes street.​

cathaven

22500(c) vc red curve in front of high school

Hi there:

I rec'd a ticket 22500(c) vc stopping in fire lane and have a court date 6/4/2014.

Happend at the front of high school I usally pick up my kid. I was at left lane and two cars behind pushed me. I rush to made left turn and stopped in red curve just to take off fleece jacket. It took 5 seconds>>>>. My engine was kept running. I saw a cop on mortocycle next to bush light flashing and toward to me. I could drive less than 100 ft. to pass red curve, but I did not. I did not want a cop to accuse me that I wanted to run away from him. Question is I am 60 yr. old and suffering for hot flash due to aging. Just wondering any exception in vc 22500 (c). for those in any health condition. For example, I had to take off fleece jacket due to increase in body temp. otherwise I felt vomit so force..... How to prepare for the court.... Thank you in advance...

Last edited:

CdwJava

Hi there:

I rec'd a ticket 22500(c) vc stopping in fire lane and have a court date 6/4/2014.

I was at left lane and two cars behind pushed me. I rush to made left turn and stopped in red curve just to take off fleece jacket. It took 5 seconds>>>>. My engine was kept running. I saw a cop on mortocycle next to bush light flashing and toward to me. I could drive less than 100 ft. to pass red curve, but I did not. I did not want a cop to accuse me that I wanted to run away from him. Question is I am 60 yr. old and suffering for hot flash due to aging. Just wondering any exception in vc 22500 (c). How to prepare for the court.... Thank you in advance...
It would be best to start your own thread with this question. It is considered bad form to revive a 3 1/2 year old thread with a new question.

Here is the section you were cited for:

22500. No person shall stop, park, or leave standing any vehicle
whether attended or unattended, except when necessary to avoid
conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a
peace officer or official traffic control device, in any of the
following places:

(c) Between a safety zone and the adjacent right-hand curb or
within the area between the zone and the curb as may be indicated by
a sign or red paint on the curb, which sign or paint was erected or
placed by local authorities pursuant to an ordinance.​

If the officer can show that you stopped, parked, or left standing your vehicle in the indicated area, then he will have made his case. There is no exception for removing a jacket. Sorry.

OHRoadwarrior

HIJACK
This is a revived old thread anyway.

My spouse was just telling me of a lady who drives up on and across the sidewalk to park near one of the building entrances where she works. Aside from the medical oriented businesses there is a beauty shop and this is one old lady, taking another. The management company after 2 years of this just sent out a message to all tenants to advise their clients to use the parking lot and not the sidewalk.:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">