• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passing out crime flyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neighborhoodwat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

If I wanted to can I pass out flyers in my neighborhood asking people to visit my blog (informational) online or is that considered soliciting? The blog is about local crime in our city...statistics and residents' personal opinions about local government.

neighborhoodwat

would like to circulate flyers

Not in a condo or townhouse neighborhood, but an ordinary neighborhood, houses...if there is no sign posted, then it's legal?

justalayman

an ordinary neighborhood can have an HOA. Even if it is against an HOA rule, they could not have you arrested for a violation of their rules. The HOA rules would govern any punishment.

the best direction I can give would be to call the local police and ask them. The lack of a sign does not mean it's legal. I've never seen a sign that said it is illegal to kill somebody but I'm pretty sure it is.;)

TigerD

Pass out your fliers. Don't put them in mailboxes.

I would change the flier to include content from your blog and a tag that provides the website so people can log on to see more. Then it's a speech and press issue, not solicitation.

DC

neighborhoodwat

THANK YOU! DEBT COLLECTOR! yes, that's exactly what I thought, freedom of speech, because I'm not looking for buyers or trying to sell something, I'm just trying to inform my neighbors of our crime problem.

neighborhoodwat

and LAYMAN when I mentioned "sign" I meant those "no soliciting signs" we see at the entrance of neighborhoods...that was a funny reply though. thanks for the info...I appreciate it. p.s. I think it is written in laws that murder is illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">