• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Patent right exclusivity for Window ADS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlbailey

What is the name of your state? Alabama
Can a company preclude one from selling advertisements on Windows if they have a patent?

Here is an answer another company gave that sales advertising on Windows.

Since patents are clearly for inventions, and since the manufacturing processes (the invention) used by other companies (including the process we use for manufacturing Window Ads in no way violates any of the claims of the existing patents, the patent holders have no legal claim to any patent infringement or product exclusivity and any statements otherwise are simply not true!

The company who holds the patent sales distributorships and wants an unreasonable amount of money for distributorship. I don't think they could have exclusivity to selling window ads and hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me as I plan to develop my own templates and sale window ads independently.

Thanks

divgradcurl

A patent covers what it covers, and that's it. If your thing falls within the scope of a particular patent's claims, then the patent owner can keep you from doing what you are doing. If not, then he can not.

In short, without an analysis of the patent in question and your particular thingie, there is no way to answer your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">