• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paycheck delays

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grishid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)california

Hi I work for a company and I do security job. My boss will not pay me or will delay my pay for month or two and always gives me different excuse each time I ask for money. What can I do and I don't wanna quit but I had enough I need money. What us the best approach. Thanks.

Betty

You might want to file a complaint with the Ca. DLSE.

You also might want to consider looking for other employment. A lot of
times when the employer doesn't pay on time it's because they are
having financial problems. Do not quit though until you have other
employment. If you quit, you most likely will not receive UI though
the state makes the final decision.

Good luck to you.

Last edited:

grishid

But if i keep asking for money and complain he will turn against me and not like me no more and he might possibly fire me because of that. I know it will be against the law for firing me illegally although he might state that there is no job and will call me to prevent lawsuits since it is an at-will company. He fired one of the employees for asking money too much stating he did not follow company policies but there was nothing he did. But thanks for the the advice I will continue working till i find another one but will complain with the labor.

Betty

It's against the law to fire you for making a complaint with the labor
board (Ca DLSE). You have recourse if you are. However, that doesn't mean your employer "might" not fire you & say it was for another reason.

You could wait until you got other employment before filing a complaint
but in the meantime you will probably continue to be paid late.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">