• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying Indefinite ALIMONY - HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isis1

not in a court of law. you aren't a part of the solution. you are not responsible for the alimony or child support. the judge could care less how much you make. (that's a good thing by the way)

Last edited by a moderator:

Antigone*

not in a court of law. you aren't a part of the solution. you are not responsible for the alimony or child support. the judge could care less how much you make. (that's a good thing by the way)
I think you've come up with a great solution for the OP, Bella. She can get a job, or even a second job.

You rock, Bella. The OP should be thanking you right about now:eek:

Isis1

I think you've come up with a great solution for the OP, Bella. She can get a job, or even a second job.

You rock, Bella. The OP should be thanking you right about now:eek:
:D.

can you imagine, ana? if every overstepping BUD showed up insisting on being a team when it comes to alimoney and support, they were ordered to pay an extra amount of child support and alimony so they can be included in this team? would they still stick around? :p

sandyhrbs

You can thank your gender in general for the predicament that you are in.

He "OWES" me for 20 YEARS of marriage comes to mind.

I'm "ENTITLED" to get paid for all his dirty underwear that I've washed also comes to mind.
Ok, so you are RIGHT. Ever come across anything of this nature? Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ok, so you are RIGHT. Ever come across anything of this nature? Thanks!
Actually Bali is not right. But you want to hear what you want to hear. Your husband can attempt to modify it HOWEVER you have nothing to do with this. YOU are going to cause him problems if you keep with the attitude.

Proserpina

:D.

can you imagine, ana? if every overstepping BUD showed up insisting on being a team when it comes to alimoney and support, they were ordered to pay an extra amount of child support and alimony so they can be included in this team? would they still stick around? :p
Oh Oh Oh Pick me, Pick me! I know the answer to this one! :p

(Seriously, OP? You help neither yourself nor your other half when you over-react to what is a simple truth. Hon, whether or not you like it, you have no dog in this fight. None. At all. Your husband is the ONLY one who has the legal entitlement to object, agree with or dispute this matter. Getting pissy with those who have told you the legally accurate truth isn't going to help you)

sandyhrbs

Oh Oh Oh Pick me, Pick me! I know the answer to this one! :p

(Seriously, OP? You help neither yourself nor your other half when you over-react to what is a simple truth. Hon, whether or not you like it, you have no dog in this fight. None. At all. Your husband is the ONLY one who has the legal entitlement to object, agree with or dispute this matter. Getting pissy with those who have told you the legally accurate truth isn't going to help you)
I KNOW I do not have any entitlement to this ... but can't a person ask a question for someone else? This is the first time I used this post and need to get used to how to use it, so I did not see all the comments. I just don't see how they come up with the amount of alimony.

Isis1

I KNOW I do not have any entitlement to this ... but can't a person ask a question for someone else? This is the first time I used this post and need to get used to how to use it, so I did not see all the comments. I just don't see how they come up with the amount of alimony.
length of the marriage is a huge factor. the financial capabilities of the other spouse at the time of the marriage. he was okay with this amount before.

his change of circumstance only matters if he modifies the support at the time the change of circumstance happened.

CourtClerk

You guys have obviously started off on the wrong foot. She indicates that "we" owe this money.

OP: Please type word for word the portion of the divorce judgment that indicates that YOU are responsible for any share of the alimony payment.

Also, you say that this was our business, yet he had and was self employed while he was married to his first wife. Were you his business partner that you then married? Please explain those two things, first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">