• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

payments despoited 48 hours before a persons death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i'll defer to BL.

goddess has been wrong quite a bit. so i'll wait for BL to confirm when OP confirms what type of benefits.
And on what evidence do you hang that opinion? Because I don't post links? Because I'm "new" here?

Because I am fairly "old" to the world, and don't respond unless I know what I'm talking about, and ask questions about things I don't know.

And oh yeah, I was correct again, here. Hmm.

Isis1

And on what evidence do you hang that opinion? Because I don't post links? Because I'm "new" here?

Because I am fairly "old" to the world, and don't respond unless I know what I'm talking about, and ask questions about things I don't know.

i said i'll defer to BL, who knowledge is extensive in this line. i'm allowed.

An expected response.

I can appreciate it, you don't have access to my cv.

I'm here to help people as I can, feel a little useful and productive with my knowledge.

It may be best if I start doing it via PM. I certainly wouldn't want to step on the toes of the old hands.

Perhaps they need to add that to the TOS.

Proserpina

Probably because in quite a few of your posts you haven't just been a little off, you've been downright plain old wrong.

*shrug*

Real life example:

My late DH died Xmas Day; received 2 checks on Jan 3, had to return 'em both.
Yep, exactly what I said. This OP's relative died in the same month the money in question was received.

As I said, the money you receive is for the prior month. If the beneficiary dies in the prior month at ANY time, that month's benefit (which is paid in the subsequent month) is owed back to SSA.

Really, don't question what I know regarding SS disability payments.

Proserpina

Yep, exactly what I said. This OP's relative died in the same month the money in question was received.

As I said, the money you receive is for the prior month. If the beneficiary dies in the prior month at ANY time, that month's benefit (which is paid in the subsequent month) is owed back to SSA.

Really, don't question what I know regarding SS disability payments.
Oh I'm sorry, when did I do that?

Oh right. I didn't :rolleyes:

You know fine well I was referring to posts in another part of the forum - and to which you are yet to respond. But that's ok.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">