• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

people who carry beyond min insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

as234

What is the name of your state? California
My medical bills are now just under what the state requires for liability insurance. So my lawyer is talking about doing an asset check on the person that hit me. Basically my lawyer said, treatment is over because there insurance may not pay more than this, and that I could get stuck with the bills. So My question is,how do I find out how much insurance coverage the op had when they hit me. They were driving a 2006 car, so maybe they needed more?
Would it be morally right to go after there assets, they hit me, and they injured me. So I should look after myself first?What is the name of your state?

las365

Since when does a lawyer dictate your medical treatment? What are your injuries from the accident?

as234

when lawyer becomes doctor

I was shocked to hear them say that. Over! What! The doctors that will treat people without payment up front is small. So, I guess if I need more treatment, I will have to pay out of pocket. One of my major concerns is that the "therapy"I have been in is a joke at best. Every week, everyone there is new accept my doctor. The doctor treating me, well, every night, aliens come down and completly erase his memory. One day he said, three months more of treatment, the very next day, he said, okay I am releasing you.
So up until about five minutes ago, it was soft tissue. After many month the doctor finally ordered a Cat scan. I have to much metal for a MRI. So here is the strange part. The cat scan came back negative. But I got a cd copy for the file I keep. So I am sitting at my computer at ten at night saying wow, this is really cool. I was adjust the contrast of the image. When one of the neiborhood drunks walks in, not more than two seconds after he saw the screen he said, compress, collapsed, bulged disc. Started rattling of all this stuff. Turns out he was in a major accident years ago, he learned to read Mri ,cat scan X rays.
It might be past time to seek a different lawyer and doctor. I am going to ask my doctor to show me the report and to order films from the cat scan center. Then I am going to hire a private doctor to view the cd that I have. And or go to another lawyer and get some more advice.

ecmst12

Doctor/lawyer teams are EXTREMELY shady. Get yourself a reputable doctor FIRST. Then worry about a lawyer. The fact that you have amassed almost $15k in medical bills with the doctor claiming your injuries were all soft tissue is definitely messed up. Do you have health insurance?

You can't find out how much coverage the other person has. Their insurance company is not required to release that information prior to suit being filed. But that should have NOTHING to do with your treatment. Your treatment should be dictated by your INJURIES, not the other person's possible money.

After you have a decent doctor, then see about getting another legal opinion.

lealea1005

I was shocked to hear them say that. Over! What! The doctors that will treat people without payment up front is small. So, I guess if I need more treatment, I will have to pay out of pocket. One of my major concerns is that the "therapy"I have been in is a joke at best. Every week, everyone there is new accept my doctor. The doctor treating me, well, every night, aliens come down and completly erase his memory. One day he said, three months more of treatment, the very next day, he said, okay I am releasing you.
So up until about five minutes ago, it was soft tissue. After many month the doctor finally ordered a Cat scan. I have to much metal for a MRI. So here is the strange part. The cat scan came back negative. But I got a cd copy for the file I keep. So I am sitting at my computer at ten at night saying wow, this is really cool. I was adjust the contrast of the image. When one of the neiborhood drunks walks in, not more than two seconds after he saw the screen he said, compress, collapsed, bulged disc. Started rattling of all this stuff. Turns out he was in a major accident years ago, he learned to read Mri ,cat scan X rays. It might be past time to seek a different lawyer and doctor. I am going to ask my doctor to show me the report and to order films from the cat scan center. Then I am going to hire a private doctor to view the cd that I have. And or go to another lawyer and get some more advice.
One does not learn to read diagnostic imaging films because they happened to have been in an accident. Go ahead and get a copy of the report and an opinion from another Doctor.

as234

No, I do not have health insurance. I spoke with my doctor about the results of the cat scan. He said the scan was negative in regards to the accident.. He said my back is in very bad shape, and, I have a bulged disc. The scan shows a great deal of scar tissue, which shows the injury was very old, he said chronic. And that it would not take much to reinjure my back.
The question that I now have is, does this cat scan change the severity of the injuries I can prove I suffered due to the accident? Finally at long last, the proof I needed to elevate my case about the sea of soft tissue cases? As I understand things, soft tissue can not be proven objectivily, such as with x rays. But now I have an old condition that was made worst, and the cat scan proves this?

ecmst12

I don't see anywhere that your doctor said the scan SHOWS that your condition was aggravated DUE TO the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">