• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury by birthmother?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyof4

I have never heard of a DNA test being needed prior to an adoption..I am sure that happens, but I do not think it is the norm at all.

OP - please DO NOT finalize this adoption. It is very clear that your heart can not handle a bi-racial child...I know of three couples that would readily adopt this child tomorrow. Do this child a favor and place him in a family that he willbe loved for who he is not for who you wanted him to be.

Huh???

Are you saying that you think anyone can give a child in adoption without the father's consent as long as paternity has not been legally established?

Surely not.....

momofrose

Huh???

Are you saying that you think anyone can give a child in adoption without the father's consent as long as paternity has not been legally established?

Surely not.....
NO thatis NOT what I said..what I said was that I do not know that a DNA test is needed for an adoption. Who said paternity was not established? Who said the birth father did not consent?

It is quite possible that the person she (the birthmother) thought was the birthfather was not..or it could be that the birthfather has some mixed race in his genes as well.

Really - what is the point of this post - this "person" is asking if the birthmother committed perjury. The answer is NO - she did not swear to anything.

mommyof4

NO thatis NOT what I said..what I said was that I do not know that a DNA test is needed for an adoption. Who said paternity was not established? Who said the birth father did not consent?

It is quite possible that the person she (the birthmother) thought was the birthfather was not..or it could be that the birthfather has some mixed race in his genes as well.

Really - what is the point of this post - this "person" is asking if the birthmother committed perjury. The answer is NO - she did not swear to anything.
The reality is that the OP should have insisted on a paternity test to ensure that who the BM said was the father was, in fact, the father.

Just Blue

I have never heard of a DNA test being needed prior to an adoption..I am sure that happens, but I do not think it is the norm at all.

OP - please DO NOT finalize this adoption. It is very clear that your heart can not handle a bi-racial child...I know of three couples that would readily adopt this child tomorrow. Do this child a favor and place him in a family that he willbe loved for who he is not for who you wanted him to be.
I have a family member that recently adopted. It was REQUIRED for the adoption. It just makes sense to be sure that the Father is, indeed, the Father so that the adoption is legally valid.

momofrose

The reality is that the OP should have insisted on a paternity test to ensure that who the BM said was the father was, in fact, the father.
That I agree with... In my case, I didn't care and would up with a goregous child that I love ore than life itself... race didn't matter to me...

mommyof4

It was not required in our adoption case...

How long ago did you adopt?

Although...I have to say that I do know of one state in particular that a mother can give the child in adoption without the 'father's' consent. Legally, it's not supposed to be possible, but there is a loophole in the state's laws that allows for that injustice.

momofrose

We adopted out son in October of 2005. The birthmother identified the birthfather - attempts were made to contact the birthfather - he ignored them - so by default he is the birthfather and agreed to the adoption.

ecmst12

Back to the OP...not only should you not adopt THIS child, you have no business adopting ANY child. You would only raise them to be as hateful as you are. The world is better off without any more children being raised as racists.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">