• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent residency for relative

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stated: TX

I am a permanent resident here in US. My sister came here about 2 months ago. I am looking to file permanent residency for her too. Will my residency help her in obtaining green card? Can she apply for green card because she has a blood relationship with me and/or i am her guardian now, b/c my dad passed away.
Any help will be highly appreciated

ImmigAttyLana

None of that. You can petition your sister when you become a US citizen. THen it will be about 10-12 years wait time before she would be eligible for an immigrant visa on the basis of that petition. She would not be able to remain in the US during that time unless she obtained a different status to allow her to be lawfully present in the US while she waited.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">