• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Guarantee - Fraudulent Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

desertbrewer

My state is Colorado, although I have been working and living in Saudi Arabia for the last 10-years.

I have been a partner in a LLC for approx 2-years and have given my personal guarantee on 2 loans, one is an SBA and the other is a conventional.

Last year I took money out of my 401K plan to buy a house for cash so that it could be titled in my wife's name. My wife is not a partner in the LLC and has not signed any personal guarantee. I did this because we live outside the U.S. the house would be considered a second home and I didn't want it to be subject to a judgment in the event the LLC goes under.

Now it appears the LLC will default on our loans and I have been told by an attorney that the house may be flagged as a fraudulent transfer.

Any thoughts on how I can save the house from a possible judgment?

The LLC has not defaulted yet, but I suspect it will in the next 6-months. We really love the house and would prefer not to sell it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">