• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Guarantee Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonpaul42

What is the name of your state? New York

The credit application my company sends to prospective customers includes a personal guarantee. If it is signed by the owners of a Canadian company who reside in Canada, would I still be able to enforce the personal guarantee if necessary?

divgradcurl

If it is signed by the owners of a Canadian company who reside in Canada, would I still be able to enforce the personal guarantee if necessary?
If the principals of the Canadian company travel to New York where you can assert personal jurisdiction over then, then yes.

If they stay in Canada, then the answer will depend on Canadian law, and you'll need to find a Canadian lawyer to answer that question for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">