• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal school WiFi hotspot?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

Whose taste?
Personally, I find them funny and not in poor taste for a high school kid. That is why "taste" is not a good standard to base things on.
One is a sexual reference, the other ridicules police.

5 year olds pull suspensions for making a finger gun.

The taste of the school administration is what will matter. Do you know many school administrators who appreciate the subversive inside jokes done by a student who is circumventing the school's (and parent's) ability to control internet access?

Keeping a low profile is my advice.

( "Free Candy" is just silly, however some DARE mommy will think it is about meth. )

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While I do not find them funny and I find them in poor taste, I also recognize that it is the nature of the teenaged male to find such things funny. Taste is a developed characteristic. With any luck, he'll outgrow his absurd opinions of what are acceptable "jokes" (so-called ) in public and when they should be restricted to when he's in the company of other like-aged males.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
While I do not find them funny and I find them in poor taste, I also recognize that it is the nature of the teenaged male to find such things funny. Taste is a developed characteristic. With any luck, he'll outgrow his absurd opinions of what are acceptable "jokes" (so-called ) in public and when they should be restricted to when he's in the company of other like-aged males.
...no offense taken ;) :p

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Ziggy, all I can say to you is what I often say to my husband:

Men are odd creatures. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">