• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Photo reproduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dresmi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

A little about the situation.

My client paid me for the rights to use a photo that I took with my camera on their website. That client then told someone else that they could use the image in an advertisement around town, but no one consulted me and I did not get receive payment for the use of this photograph.

1. Does my client have the right to authorize someone else to use the photograph?

2. Am I within my legal right to request payment for use?

3. If payment is not rendered am I with in my legal right to send a cease and desist letter?

dresmi

well there was no written contract as I know the client well (lesson learned there), but the purpose of use for the image was for the clients website and my own use. Exclusive rights were not given.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
well there was no written contract as I know the client well (lesson learned there), but the purpose of use for the image was for the clients website and my own use. Exclusive rights were not given.
I'll bet the other guy's perception is somewhat different...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">