• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help - Advice Needed For a Friend...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

This may not be the right board for this...but here is goes...

First off - I posted a message on the Social Security Board
( https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=247123 ) and my post tells a little bit of the history of a friend (whom is on SSI), and the situation that he is going through. (You may have to read that post first, to really understand what I am asking.)

So - anyways...my friend (age 25) was dating this girl (age 23) and after a month she found out that she was pregnant with his child.

Needless to say, she left him, and she is currently about six months pregnant. She notified my friend the other day that once the baby is born, he has to pay her child support. (And like I said, he is on SSI). She said that if he is not going to pay, then he has to sign off on the baby.

I tried to explain to my friend that he cannot just go, and sign away his rights on the baby.

So for those of you who might know, is this possible for him to just sign away his rights?

Are there any sites out there directed towards situations like this??? I want to be able to find more information for him, so he doesn't go and make a bad decision without knowing the consequences.

Thanks,
- Kari :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">