• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help before Friday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momshummingbird

I live in North Carolina, I am a grandparent of a 9 year old boy. My daughter and the boy's father are divorced, neither actually having real custody. The boy stayed with his father the last four month's of last year. During that time he would only allow my daughter to see the boy for two hours only on two occasions. The school he attends notified my daughter on previous on previous occasions that my grandson was not in clean condition while living with his father. The father has cussed the teachers and the principal out last year. He has also cussed out social services. Two weeks ago the school called my daughter again saying my grandson had a large bump on his forehead and possibly marks on his back. She went to get him from school before the father showed up to pick him up. I also have a granddaughter 6 years old. When the father found out she got the boy out of school, social services and the sheriff had already been called he got the girl out of school, we had to get a 50b placed on him and he had to give the daughter back at the sheriff's office. Last week there was a hearing at Social Services pending investigation. In the meantime he got a protection order against my daughter, myself[grandmother} and three other people after he has been the one that has been causing the problems, he said on the order he is afraid for himself and his pregnant girlfriend, which couldn't be further from the truth, he is a bully. My grandson, the father and the girlfriend have been living in a motel room, the boy has been sleeping on the floor, there is no way to cook a hot meal and he works just enough to pay a car payment. When social services got involved they appointed me to care for him in my home temporarily with my husband. The boy had a required doctor exam telling the doctor and social services he had been hit with a belt by the girlfriend and the father has hit him as well. The father and the mother will not be able to agree on a place for the boy to stay because the father does not like anyone in our family. Until recently we did not know where he lived and we couldn't call him either to see how the boy was doing, and he has made continuous threatening phone calls to my daughters phone which she saved these messages. My grandson is terrified of the father and the girlfriend and would rather stay with my husband and myself. Some one please help, I am unemployed and don't have a lot of money for attorney fees, what can we do, I want to keep him with us. He doesn't really want to go to live with his mother either, she currently has a husband he doesn't like either. We can provide a safe home where he will be well taken care of. He is scheduled to have a social service pysch exam on the 18th of February, what can we do? He is so scared to possibly have to go back to the father and we are too, is there anyone that can tell us what to do before we have to go back for the hearing for a decision to be made on his placement, they said if no agreeing decision is made between the parents he will be put in a foster home, how can I stop this, and can I make a motion to keep him above the wishes of the parent's???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

first off, that is way too hard to read, please go back in a make it easier to read and stick to just facts and information...also what STATE are you in? Every state has different laws and that is very important

second, you need PROOF, police reports, witnesses etc, has child protective services, social services been called on the parents? you mentioned something but we need more detail and your post made more clear.

BL

Both parents would need to be found unfit .

The State is required to reunite a/the family whenever possible .

That may require a plan for the parent(s) to follow during or prior to be placed back there .

You mention the mother , but nothing about why Mom wasn't given placement over you temporally .

You could alway Petition for temporary guardianship with a legal court order, but just because the child doesn't like Mom's new husband doesn't make her unfit .

If the father is unfit at this time and Mom doesn't want the responsibilities to care for the child , child protectives /the State should consider you for Temp. guardianship , as you are blood .

Have a talk with the Agency .

At least have a consult with a Family Law Attorney for a small fee in your jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">