• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ke Nater

hie everyone,
Well, looks like I am here again, looking for more legal advice on a totally different subject.

Here is my story,
I am building a quad for mx, and I made a post on a forum looking for a frame, a guy located not far from me replys that he has a frame with minor welds to the shokck mount, It is local so I decide that I am going to buy it becfasue minor welding in one spot is nuthing. I specifically asked huim if the frame had any other welds, cracks or bends. He replyed NO EVERYTHING WILL MOUNT UP HE SAYS. So I go pic it up, He has sprayted ed it down with a base coat of paint, had plastic and air box(OTHER PARTS) already mounted to the frame wehere I could not see the welds or the frame very good, he is in a hurry he says becasue he i taking time off work to come and make the sell. I get home and put the frame in the corner because I am waiting on parts, two weeks later I strip the frame down and find that it has alot more welds then he says all over it, almost to the point that the frame would be considered worthless. I paid 400$ for the parts. I sent him an email that it has more welds then he said and we talked and I said fine I will put up with the welds because I dont wanna travel all the way down there, I also said that if anything doesnt mount up then I am going to need money back, he says ok. So I prep the frame and get it ready for a coat of paint. Paint it do all the work on it. Then it I get more parts in(SHOCKS) I try to mount the shocks, turns out that the shock mounts are bent, and the frame is basically trash now. When he described the frame too me he described it in a way that would make you think it was mint, and he had it setup at pickup where you couldnt see any thing really. Now this guy told me why it was bent and that his shocks didnt mount right either. I ask for money back and he says hell no. Thats when I threaton with legal action, is there anything I can do where do I start, thanks alot, I really dont like being ripped 400 so if anyone has any advice I would aprpreciate it.

Thanks
Kane

JETX

Ke Nater said:
is there anything I can do
In my opinion, no. You basically KNEW that you were buying a piece of trash... just not as bad a trash as it ended up being.
Do an internet search using 'caveat emptor'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">