• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help , Uncontested divorce vs marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chamomile-187

Hello Everyone, (heading should read: uncontested divorce vs annulment)

I'm in California and am considering a divorce/annulment. I married my current wife b/c of her family's religious beliefs. We both knew and spoke about not being ready for marriage. I only did it b/c I didn't want to have to break up and wanted to give us every chance possible to make it. This was a horrible mistake in hindsight. Im 28 years old and feel I made the biggest mistake of my life. We've been married a total of 2 months now.

We have no children or own anything together. We have no real wealth to split. I would prefer an annulment and forget the whole thing happened but I don't know what the best way to proceed is.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

mistoffolees

Forget the annulment. "I'm 28 years old, but still terribly immature" isn't grounds for an annulment.

Just get the divorce. It will be faster and cheaper than the annulment, even if by some miracle you could come up with grounds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">