• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please please Assist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SELI

:confused:What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA
Hello,
This is my first visit at this website and this is my story: I entered the states based on B-2 visitor visa, and over stayed 2 months before I got married to my husband, a US citizen.
We got married on 02/23/2007 and now I am trying to submit my I-130,I-485,I-765 but I don't know where to submit them to??????
We live in Van Nuys, CA.
Every time I called the immigration support I get a different answer.
Sometime they say that I need to submit the I-130 and the I-485 to Laguna Nieul, CA.
And sometimes they say that everything have to go to Chicago,IL.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
THANKS IN ADVANCE,
Seli.
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

dmtils

Hello,
This is my first visit at this website and this is my story: I entered the states based on B-2 visitor visa, and over stayed 2 months before I got married to my husband, a US citizen.
We got married on 02/23/2007 and now I am trying to submit my I-130,I-485,I-765 but I don't know where to submit them to??????
We live in Van Nuys, CA.
Sometime they say that I need to submit the I-130 and the I-485 to Laguna Nieul, CA.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
Seli.
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
ALL papers for a family based adjustment (I-130 based) go to Chicago.

Have you done the G-325 paperwork and the I-864 as well?

evcalyptos

Hello,
We live in Van Nuys, CA.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
Seli.
Stop calling the 1-800 number. You will not get good results from them.

The instruction page for the I-485 (the web page, not the form) clearly says that you must mail everything together to Chicago, to the 'lock box'. They forward all the applications to the right places.
Save a copy of everything you submit; make sure your package is complete so you qualify for the current (lower) filing fee.

SELI

Thank you.....

Thank you very much for replaying!!!!
I am so excited that finally someone is answering me,
I have tears in my eyes now (for real).

I have everything except the I-864.
My husband 21 years old just started working this year so I am still looking for a sponsor.
I understand that I can mail them the I-130, G-325A, I-485, my medical exam for now.
And later the I-864 (since at this moment I didn’t find anyone that can sign for me

evcalyptos

Thank you very much for replaying!!!!
I am so excited that finally someone is answering me,
I have tears in my eyes now (for real).

I have everything except the I-864.
My husband 21 years old just started working this year so I am still looking for a sponsor.
I understand that I can mail them the I-130, G-325A, I-485, my medical exam for now.
And later the I-864 (since at this moment I didn’t find anyone that can sign for me
I think you risk having your package returned if you do not include the required I-864.

If your husband is working now, he can complete I-864 and be your sponsor, if his income is 17000+ and it is just the two of you.

dmtils

I think you risk having your package returned if you do not include the required I-864.

If your husband is working now, he can complete I-864 and be your sponsor, if his income is 17000+ and it is just the two of you.
Correct. Has your husband also done a G-325?

Even if he hasn't filed taxes previously due to not working, he should get a CURRENT verification of employment from his HR department stating his job title, annual salary, and if possible, prospects for continued employment (although prospects for continued employment isn't completely necessary).

He should also copy some pay stubs and submit them too if there are no tax returns, and should provide a brief explanation as to why there are no tax returns.

And P.S. - yes, calling the 800 number will usually only get you more confused, especially if you don't get past the first person you speak with. The initial person really doesn't know what is going on, they are more there to "screen" and provide basic answers. If you can find a way to ask a question that first person doesn't know how to answer, you may get lucky and be forwarded to the second level, which is an actual USCIS officer, who should give you better answers. But, for the most part, the 800 number can't really answer questions with any consistency.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">