• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please See Post On Another Asset Accept Story

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ablessin

What is the name of your state?NY

I POSTED A QUESTION UNDER SOMEONE ELSE'S POST, THEIRS IS TITLED

ANOTHER ASSET ACCESPTANCE STORY - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE READ IT AND ADVISE?
IT'S ON PAGE 2 CURRENTLY, MOVING TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

THANKS

ENASNI

ahem

Whoa nelly...
You have beeen here long enough to know we don't like caps.
We also don't go searching around...we all view these pages in different ways... page 2 to you could be page 10 to me...
best to delete this thread.... cut and paste your other one and start new thread... Okay?
Okay.

S

seniorjudge

ablessin said:
What is the name of your state?NY

I POSTED A QUESTION UNDER SOMEONE ELSE'S POST, THEIRS IS TITLED

ANOTHER ASSET ACCESPTANCE STORY - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE READ IT AND ADVISE?
IT'S ON PAGE 2 CURRENTLY, MOVING TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

THANKS
What is your question?

ablessin

sorry about the all caps!! I work on a system that uses caps, and I always forget to take the caps lock off!

So sorry!

OK - my question is that I have an account listed at Assett Acceptance - it was a credit account from Chase bank - apparently they (chase) sold the account to 2 collection agencies. I paid the account to Upton,Cohen and Slamowitz 11/2003 (they siezed my checking account) - well - I am in the process of applying for a mortgage, and that is how I discovered Assett Accept has the SAME account!!!!!! So, I called them, faxed them a letter from Upton showing the account is paid...... Now, they are telling me that they can't remove the account from my credit report until they get "their money" from Chase......... Can they do that? I paid it - the guy said to me "I don't know why you paid this to another agency" I was like they froze my checking account, what the heck was I supposed to do!!!!!!!!
Anways, the rep, she asked me if I'd be willing to make a settlement!!! (this was before I spoke to her boss who told me they couldn't take it off my credit report) - I was in SHOCK I said HELL NO - I paid this and I am not paying one more penny to anyone! :mad:

Can they do that - keep it on my credit report knowing damn well it's paid? I faxed them the proof while I had this girl Lea on the phone. :eek:

Thanks!

S

seniorjudge

ablessin said:
sorry about the all caps!! I work on a system that uses caps, and I always forget to take the caps lock off!

So sorry!

OK - my question is that I have an account listed at Assett Acceptance - it was a credit account from Chase bank - apparently they (chase) sold the account to 2 collection agencies. I paid the account to Upton,Cohen and Slamowitz 11/2003 (they siezed my checking account) - well - I am in the process of applying for a mortgage, and that is how I discovered Assett Accept has the SAME account!!!!!! So, I called them, faxed them a letter from Upton showing the account is paid...... Now, they are telling me that they can't remove the account from my credit report until they get "their money" from Chase......... Can they do that? I paid it - the guy said to me "I don't know why you paid this to another agency" I was like they froze my checking account, what the heck was I supposed to do!!!!!!!!
Anways, the rep, she asked me if I'd be willing to make a settlement!!! (this was before I spoke to her boss who told me they couldn't take it off my credit report) - I was in SHOCK I said HELL NO - I paid this and I am not paying one more penny to anyone! :mad:

Can they do that - keep it on my credit report knowing damn well it's paid? I faxed them the proof while I had this girl Lea on the phone. :eek:

Thanks!

Standard answer on expired SOL and/or validation and/or dispute letters.

SOL
http://www.bcsalliance.com/y_debt_sol.html

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/Disputing_Collections/SoL-dispute-letter.html

Validation letter samples you can get at :
www.creditinfocenter.com
and www.creditboards.com

Disputes: You can write a letter of dispute to the three credit reporting agencies.

Go this website to find instructions and samples for how to dispute: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/

Sometimes errors are easy to remove and sometimes they stick like glue. It is inexpensive to try and not difficult.

I am NOT a creditor-debtor lawyer; stand by for further help.

I am NOT vouching for the accuracy of these websites!

Debt Guy

Q. Can they do that - keep it on my credit report knowing damn well it's paid? I faxed them the proof while I had this girl Lea on the phone.

A. Yes. They can do anything they want to do, legal or illegal.

Should they is another question. Personally, I think they should agree to remove the tradeline based upon your documentation from the other CA. I think they are in violation and putting themselves at risk.

The problem is that they have more leverage here than you do. You can dispute the tradeline with the CRA and the CA. That takes time. You can sue them, that also takes time.

If the mortgage loan is critical, I think your best bet is to fax a letter to the General Counsel of AA. Explain what happened. Point out that they are reporting in error because the debt has been paid and you have provided AA evidence that the debt has been paid. Say that the issue of who owns the money you paid is between AA and the other agency and that you are not a party to that dispute. Say that their action puts your mortgage loan application at risk and that you will bring suit against AA for damages if they do not immediately correct the report. Tell them exactly what action you want them to take.

I hope this works for you. If not, you have a great paper trail for a claim against AA.

ablessin

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
I will try that - the dispute letter and also filing with AA.......

What a pain! In a way - I am glad that I applied for the mortgage because otherwise I would not have known the account was listed.

Thanks to everyone who posted an answer!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">