• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pleasure rating even when driving to work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paulsiu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hi,

Recently, I have been shopping for insurance for my mom, and the AAA agent quoted me a fairly lower price on the policy. When I took a look at the policy, it listed the car use as "Pleasure". I informed her that the car is being driven to work but at 1/2 mile each way. The AAA agent informed me that as long as she drive less than 3 miles a day, she can use the pleasure rating even if she drives it to work.

Her current insurance, Eries, indicated that this would be illegal and that you can only use pleasure if and only if you are not driving to work, which seems to make sense, but is this really the case or they just want to prevent my mom from switching?

Who is correct?

Paul

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">