• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ I asked a question about poa in nj. Now as I understand it dual power of attorney can be granted in nj. Now would anyone know how I go about doing this without an attorney?
Can I get the forms online? Is their an office in my county court house that I need to file it with? I am clueless so any advice would be appreciated.

tranquility

This is a perfect example of why people need to keep all their questions in the same thread. No one can answer you until they know the facts.

Powers of attorney can cover many areas and resolve various problems. Each state has statutes on what needs to be included for certain powers, but the wording of how to give the powers differs depending on if...well on if many things.

I'm not going to search old posts to find out the reason the OP needs the POA. I might just read down a thread, but, search it out and read it down? No me. Maybe someone else.

You can google ["new jersey" "power of attorney" forms] and get many places with many forms. Some you have to pay a couple of dollars for.

anteater

Now as I understand it dual power of attorney can be granted in nj.
Do you mean that you wish to grant the power to two people?

Can I get the forms online? Is their an office in my county court house that I need to file it with?
There are websites where the forms can be obtained online. Do a search for: New Jersey power of attorney forms

And things may work out fine using the do-it-yourself forms. But my advice would be to at least consult with a couple attorneys, particularly if you are talking about granting power to two or more people. Having an attorney prepare the document should not be terribly expensive.

My recollection is that, in NJ, the POA needs to be filed with the clerk of the courts if there will be real estate transactions involved.

Sorry

I am not a regular poster here and still feeling my way around. I should have been more clear. I wish to grant general power of attorney to two people in the state of new jersey. I would like to know if I can do this without an attorney. To be more clear I have to do it without an attorney and at as little cost as possible. I appreciate the advice given and would love to hear anymore information. Sorry if I uset the apple cart as to procedure around here.

anteater

My advice is to put the question in your other thread.
So, call me a glutton... I don't see another of OP's threads dealing with a POA.

I appreciate the advice given and would love to hear anymore information.
Not sure what more advice you want.

Read up on what you are doing, choose your agent(s) wisely, be very explicit in what powers you are granting, and, if you are appointing more than one agent, spell out whether they can act independently or need to both authorize any transactions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">